Sunday 3 January 2010

Rainbow Watch



Hi guys and happy new year!


My first post of the year is to show you the finished portait of Rainbow. This was a commission I took on last year for a dear friend of mine, where it was agreed I would work on the painting between other projects, hence the fact this work took much longer than the average painting.



Rainbow was a lovely tortoiseshell cat who was a bit of a diva, a charasmatic and individual feline and it is for this reason I was happy to take on this unusual project and commemorate her special life. To add a touch of glamour to the painting I applied gold leaf to the canvas edges.



When my friend first laid eyes on the finished article she was overcome with joy; 'My baby's come home for Christmas!' she cried. I'm so happy she likes it and feels it does Rainbow justice.

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

Fantastic job on this! Sometimes the best things are worth waiting for.