Tuesday 4 August 2009

What to do with my website?... and how to relaxxx



This week I've been making some big decisions about my work and my website which you can see HERE

I've thinking about having an update and changing the overall look of the site. I would really appreciate your opinions about the current layout colour scheme and ease of navigation, please let me know what you think. I'm having a meeting with my website guy tomorrow so fingers crossed we come up with something fab!

Other news:

I'm pleased to announce that after months of trying to figure it out, I now have the performance of Never Outfox the Fox by The Chantilly Belles online! This was filmed when we performed at the Silk Stocking Striptease Show at the end of last year! Better late than never huh?



As well as my website, I've also been taking decisive action regarding my current art work and studio time; making timetables and lots of lists and changing my routine. I've been mulling things over for a while and all this thinking has been a bit stressful, which has inspired me to share with you my favourite things that help destress and cheer!:



Firstly I have a new obsession! Last week I was introduced to The Flight of the Conchords, a very funny low key comedy about two novelty musicians from New Zealand who have moved to New York. I can't beleive I only just found out about these guys! I have now watched the entire first series and am enjoying the second one.

Jemaine and Brett are adorable naive and disfuntional and the show is too obscure to relate properly, however each episode follows the boys as they attend band meetings with their manager Murray and try and avoid their number one and only fan Mel. So far they have been mugged, made friends with the muggers, gone on tour to an airport lounge and been published as a musical greetings card! My favourite songs includes the pairs take on rap stars and the David Bowie episode!



I am also enjoying listening to Kylie's track Boombox from her album Boombox. Here Kylie has embraced electro pop to the full and created a great dance track that is fun to sing along to.
I have had this track on lots at the studio while I've been painting. It's great for pepping up your energy! I've got a boombox...You've got batteries!



A couple of weeks ago I mentioned my huge excitment about the new TV drama Desperate Romantics, a series about the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood. Well, I have been enjoying the show but as a super geek about the PRB's I have noticed lots of tweaking of the truth to condense the story into a six part drama. You can see clips from the show and more info HERE it's well worth a look for the gorgeous costumes the boys wear alone.

I bought the book the serial is based on and have found it fascinating! a full five stars from me! The author Franny Moyle has written a factual intense book covering the reality of the artistic movement and the private lives of it's members. You can really immerse yourself in it which I have been doing mostly on the bus. I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are Burlesque, you are an artist you need that to hit out as soon you click on to your site...I'm sure you will dazzle and amaze with your new look.....

Hermes said...

I thought the book was better than the tv series - that I have stopped watching as it is just sensationalised and I think gives a distorted picture of the PRB.