Sunday 9 March 2014

Inspirational women for International Womens Day

I just realised that my last post for International Women's Day didn't really celebrate any women, so I'm going to remedy this right now by listing some of the women whose ethos and personalities inspire me:

Joan Collins: I love a lady who knows what she likes. Joan has strong opinions and isn't afraid to air them. Plus she's ultra glamorous, I really admire her for never being anything less than 100% immaculate. 'How you look is a reflection of how you feel about yourself, and I feel very happy with myself'

Joan Crawford: Simply because she never thought of herself as anything else but a star! 'I feel I owe it to my public always to look good. When you're young, you can get away with the careless, ungroomed look. But not to bother with grooming over the age of 40 is a mistake.'  
  
My bellydance teacher, Pat: This lady is in her seventies, she looks about 15 years younger, and has moves women 50 years her junior would love to have! She's a great teacher and has great energy. 'Keep thinking those happy thoughts!'

 Kylie Minogue: She's classy, talented and innovative, a true creative and natural born performer. She always makes me feel good! 'I think if you're not being inspired by the things around you now, not aware of whats been before and what's coming up, isn't that called dead?'

Elizabeth the First: An amazing woman who survived and thrived in a mans world despite the numerous plots against her and calls for her to marry. She made England great and her rule was known as the Golden Age. 'I would rather go to any extreme than suffer anything that is unworthy of my reputation, or of that of my crown'

My Mum: For always supporting my artwork and for telling me ever since I can remember that, 'You can achieve anything if you put your mind to it' .

There are so many amazing and inspirational women out there, and I've only named a few from a very small clutch of my many favourites. I hope there are inspirational women in your life!

Gemma*** 

No comments: