Tuesday 13 September 2011

Pirates and mermaids

My embroidery experiment is now pretty much finished. Now I've had a go at it I really enjoy the process of creating images this way and I plan to start another image this week. Again, I'll be stitching in my spare time and those moments in the day when there are gaps. 


For a first attempt I'm pretty pleased with it but I went wrong on it so many times and had to unpick threads and try to save parts by cheating a bit. The only thing I have to do is figure out what to do with the back: keep stitching and knots on show or hide them?

I plan to do a Scarlett Johannson inspired image this time, will keep you posted.

The painting I'm doing as a gift is coming on nicely. Here it is, as was a few days ago. I will be applying the outlines very soon, my favorite bit! Hope the person I'm doing it for likes it.

No comments: