Friday, 12 July 2013

Normal service will proceed soon...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

There's been a break in transmission recently. I've not been on here for while because I've been working on several projects over the past few weeks including setting up the current show at Manchester's Chinese Arts Centre, The Living Room project. I worked as support co-ordinator for this show which features the work of New York based artist Lee Mingwei

A living room has been set up in the gallery space where local artists and collectors have been invited to 'host' by bringing along their personal collections to showcase in the lounge setting. Members of the public are encouraged to pop in and share a chat a brew and even some cake with the hosts as they riffle through the belongings and artifacts to explore personal stories and shared memories. It has been fascinating to witness the conversations topics and relationships that have sparked because of this project. It runs until the 27th of July and features a different host every 1-3 days. You can view the whole list of hosts on the project's website HERE. It's well worth a visit.

An outside view of The living Room Project in full swing!

I've also been volunteering for Manchester International Festival and worked as a project producer in sourcing an artist from the USA for Cornerhouse's upcoming film noir exhibition and events. More info on this to follow... Plus I'm in the middle of getting a new card design printed based on my paper doll work. It really has been all go!

Mock up of the back of my paper doll card design (rough)

I've not forgotten my project with the divine Grace Oni Smith! A Pre-Raphaelite dream waiting to happen, this work will continue in the coming weeks but had to be put on hold due to both her and my own schedule. Grace has been busy performing at nights including, Cha Cha Boudoir, Bollox, Mother's Ruin and recently compered the opening night of MIF at Drunk at Vogue. 

Gorgeous Grace Oni Smith and I enjoy a spot of cosmetics

I will be offline next week due to personal circumstances but be sure to drop by and keep an eye on my Facebook page as I pick up where I left off in the not too distant future... I'll knock on ; )

Post Script: I forgot to mention I am also working on a private painting commission at the moment. If you are interested in getting a piece of art created email me: gemma-parker@hotmail.co.uk   

No comments: